Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Coming Home and Falling In Love

I have fallen in love.

I fall in love all the time. I love easily. I truly believe this love is a gift from God, but it is not a gift that is without pain. But I would rather experience that pain than to never again love. While in some cases the pain is over the loss of love, other times it is simply the reality of love and all that comes with it.

This past weekend we began the planning stages of our next social gathering. In the context of our conversation Kathy jokingly said that once I leave this local community she wondered how they would respond if asked when the next party was going to be. Maureen quickly burst in, "when Sara comes home!" --So simple, in many ways probably meant for laughs, and yet so deeply touching!

"When Sara comes home!" With this quick phrase I once again felt that I was loved, I felt I belonged, and I felt home.

Sharing a meal with Sr. Mary last night I reflected upon these past few months at Corpus Christi. With great joy I shared how happy I have become and how God has blessed me beyond my wildest dreams. I know in my heart that this is it. I have fallen in love and as Pedro Arrupe encourages I hope to stay in love. I look forward to the day when I can officially call myself sister. In this however, I shared the pain I already feel in having to say goodbye to my local community, I know it is months away, but moving from here is going to be a difficult shift. But as Mary has reminded me, I am going to live in the moment and soak up every good thing that is still to come in these months ahead.

I have fallen in love, with sisters, Joan, Kathy, and Maureen, with the Sisters of Saint Francis of Philadelphia, with my friends within the community, and with myself as I find myself in this community.

"When Sara come home!"--I believe she already has!

No comments:

Post a Comment